1. Cut fabric into a small pieces. This white linen is a underdress left overs.
2. Laita tilkut metalliaskiin.
2. Lay them in tin box.
3. Laita aski tuleen.
3. Put tin box into a fire.
4. Some smoke start to come out from the box, when cloth start to char. They are not actually burning. This is same what happens when charcoal is made. The tinderbox should be almost air tight, otherwise the cloths will burn inside it. It must not be totally air tight, cause it might explode.
7. Hiiltyneet kankaat ovat valmiita käytettäväksi.
7. Charred choths are ready to be used.
8. Take piece of a flint and you steel. Make a spark, even one spark is enough to make char cloth to smolder.
Hienot kuvat otti Ilona Reiniharju.
Great pictures by Ilona Reiniharju.