Siirry pääsisältöön

Lautanauhakirja saa jatkoa / There will be another tablet weaving book

Langat ja laudat esiin: me teemme suomalaiseen lautanauhakirjaan osan kaksi!
Yarns and tablet needed again, we are making a finnish tabler weaving book, part two!

Kustantajalta tuli viesti: saamme tehdä jatko-osan lautanauhakirjaamme!
Omenaisia ja revonneniä saa siis osan kaksi! Tämä on hieno uutinen mahtavan kesän ja hyvin alkaneen syksyn jatkoksi. Alustavan suunnitelman mukaan kakkososa tulisi ulos keväällä 2015.
Maikki ei ole nyt Suomessa, joten pääsemme aloittaman suunnittelun lokakuun puolella.

Onkin paljon kerrottavaa, mutta katsotaanpa ensin, missä se Maikki luuraa:
Maikki on Turkissa konservoimassa tekstiilejä, eikä ihan mitä tahansa. Lukekaa siis Maikin koululuokan blogista, mitä Izmirissä tapahtuu.

Wonderful news from publisher! We can start planning part two to our finnish tablert weaving book! There will be sequal to Applesies and Fox Noses!. According to first plans it will be published spring 2015.
We shall start planning soon, but Maikki is not in Finland at the moment... where is she? Look at here! (most of the text is in finnish but scroll down, there is an english text what the blog is about).
* * *
Lisää uutisia: menin kouluun. Olen opiskelijana Mynämäen käsi- ja taideteollisuusopistossa, opiskelen käsityömestarin erikoisammattitutkinnon linjalla.
Koulun opettaja Hannele Köngäs otti kesällä yhteyttä ja totesi, että on seurannut työtäni ja hänen mielestään osaamiseni kannattaisi muuttaa tutkinnoksi. Nieleskelin hetken, mietin toisen ja sanoin kyllä. Jos elämä tarjoaa tilaisuuden, se pitää uskaltaa ottaa vastaan. Nyt edessä on puolitoista vuotta kestävä etäopiskelu, huimia suunnitelmia, mestarityön tekeminen ja tutkinto. Olen innoissani ja vähän kyllä jännittää. Jos kaikki menee hyvin, helmikuussa 2015 minusta pitäisi tulla käsityömestari ja erikoisalana keskiajan käsityöt.
 
More news: I am back to school! I am a student in Mynämäki school of crafts & design, on handcraft master education line.
Schools teacher Hannele Köngäs contacted me at summer and told that she has been following my work. She thinks that my skills and knowledge should be transferred to a examination. I had to think twice but then I said yes. If lives offers this kind of possibility, one must receive it, I thought.
Now I am doing my daily work at newspaper, studyind hard and plannin my master work. Then February 2015 hopefully I am master of crafts, medieval crafts.
 
Ja sitten pari valmistunutta käsityötä:
And then few finished objects:
 
 
Maijan tilaama "tee nauha jossa kettu istuu meren äärellä" on valmis. Siitä tuli aika kiva.
Maijas order "make me a band where fox is sitting by the sea" is ready. It turned our quite nice.
 
Tein hupun. Tästä puuttuu vielä turkisvuoraus. Hupun kaksi kerrosta on yhdistetty toisiinsa kutomalla reunaan lautanauha neljällä laudalla.Tekniikka on periaatteessa sama kuin hihattoman mekon huolittelussa. Erona on se, että kude on viety tässä koko ajan samalta puolelta, jolloin nauha muodostuu kankaan päälle, ei reunaan. Opin tämän kesällä Visbyssä taitavalta Emililtä.

I made a hood. It is still missing the fur lining. The layers are attached my tablet weaving, four tablets. Techinque is basically same than finishing on my sleeveless overdress. This time I took the weft in all the time from same side, that turns the band on top of the fabric, not to edge like on madder red dress. Credits for teaching this goes to Emil at Battle of Wisby.


Huolittelu seuraa nätisti myös kurveja. Napit ovat pikkuiset ja tinaa.
Finishing goes well on edges too. These buttons are tiny and tin.
 
 
Tässä huppu onkin jo käytösä. Ja uusi röyhelöhuntu piti tottakai tehdä, jos kerran pidin aiheesta työpajankin. Tässä muutes linkki Isiksen blogaukseen samaiselta viikonlopulta.
Here the hood in use. And my new veil: I had to make a new kruseler veil, since I hade a workshop about them. And here you can read what Isis wrote from Ronneburg.

Kommentit

  1. Jee, uusi lautanauhakirja!!! :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. I congratulate you on going back to school and your attempt to take a degree. I can only say: GO FOR IT. There are moment in your life when a opportunity presents itself. When you like what you see, grabe it before it disappears. Last summer, while visiting the city of Tulle in France, I made contact, by accident and not by intend, with a group of ladies who specialize in making Tulle lace (a kind of darning on a net like fabric). I showed my interest (I have been embroidering for the last fourty years) and they were willing to teach me (and very surprised that a man showed interest and ability). Come next year I will return to show the winter results.
    Keep us informed. Yours sincerely,

    Johan Terlouw

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thank you for engouraging! I share your opinion taking the change when it is offered. I am going to do my best :D

    Mervi/Sahra

    VastaaPoista
  4. I am SO SO proud of you in many many more ways than I can even say!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Hello Mervi,

    I wish you all the best for your time in school and the tests! I'm sure you will end it greatful.

    And the band you show is so beatiful!

    I keep on practising tabletweaving to get better :-)

    best regards from germany

    Christina

    VastaaPoista
  6. Christina! With your skills and deternimation I am sure your weaving is already stunning! I have seen you working with silk... I would not even tried, but you did and you won :D

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti