Siirry pääsisältöön

Helgi & Herjolfsnes 63

Tein taas tämän. Se tunnetaan nimellä Herjolfsnes 63, tai D10594.
Nyt sen saa Helgi. Takin päällä on avoinna kirja Medieval garments reconstructed, Norse Clothing Patterns (Fransen, Norgaard, Östergaard, Aarnus University Press 2010).
I made this again. This is known as Herjolfsnes 63 or D10594.
This is for Helgi.

Tanskan kansallismuseon vitriinissä on sama takki. Kävin katsomassa, miltä se siellä näyttää.
This same garment is in Nationalmuseet, Copenhagen Denmark. I went to see, how it looks like.

Tämä oli neljäs 63 jonka tein miehelle ja joka kerta hihan kanssa joutuu sovittelemaan. Nyt suurin ongelma oli se, että kangasta oli kutakuinkin sentilleen tarpeeksi. Hihaan tuli ylimääräinen sauma.
Kangas on ollut Helgillä pitkään, se on Handelsgilletin oranssia villaa ja se on pesty, jolloin kangas on pehmentynyt... ja kutistunut.
This is fourth 63 I have made for a male user. This funny sleeve needs a lot fitting every time. This time I had extra challenge: there was just enough fabric, but I had to make one extra seem to lover part.
Helgi had this woolen fabric several years, this is from Handelsgillet. Orange wool is washed, is had softened... and shrunk.


Koska kangasta oli vähän, edes helmaan ei riittänyt kääntövaraa. Huolittelin sen kutomalla siihen lautanauhan kolmella laudalla. Lanka on samaa kasvivärjättyä lankaa kuin koko takin saumojen huolittelussa on käytetty.
Since there was no fabric even to turn the hemline, I finished it by weaving a tablet woven braid to hemline. I used three tablets. The yarn is natural dyed wool, same one that I used finishing all the seams.

Napit on tehty takkikankaan viimeisistä tilkuista. Tämän takin erikoisuus ovat kolme nappia takin helmassa. Niiden avulla leveä takki voidaan sulkea alhaalta. Takissa on 3,5 metriä helmaa.
Luckily there was left overs enough to make the fabric buttons. The speciality of this coat are three buttons on lower part of coats opening. They close the wide coat. The hemline is 3,5 meters wide.

Takin yläosassa on 15 nappia. Alkuperäisessä takissa ne ovat kahden sentin välein, jolloin vyön ja nappien väliin jää napiton kohta. Levensin nappien välin 2,5 senttiin, jotta takki menee enemmän kiinni.
There is 15 buttons on opening. Original find´s buttons are sen two cm apart, which leaves a un-buttoned cap between button row and users belt. That is why I put those puttons 2,5 cm apart so that coat closes a bit more.

Hihan rakenne on..mielenkiintoinen. Yläkiila on takana, alakiila edessä. Hihan alaosassa on toisissa on halkio, johon laitoin napin. Hihan jatkopala toimii kivasti rannekkeena.
The sleeve construction is...interresting. The upper gore is on backside, lower gore on front. There is also a slit, where I put one button. The extented makes a nice cuff.

Takin saumat on ommeltu silkkilangalla. Kaikki saumat on huoliteltu ompelulangan myötä kulkevalla villalangalla.
All the seams are finished with woolen yarn on seam allowance edge. I used silk yarn for sewing.


Hyötykäyttöä: kalanruotovilla on jämäpala Helgin pussihousuista. Nyt se palvelee kauluksen vuorissa.
Using leftovers from Helgis previous projects: the collar is lined with luxury wool, same as his viking baggy pants are made of.

 
Museobonus: Eric Pommerilaisen silkkinen lautanauhavyö oli taas omalla paikallaan vitriinissä Tanskan kansallismuseossa. Eikö olekin upea!
Bonus in museum: Eric Pomeranians silk woven belt was back on it´s place at Nationalmuseet in Copenhagen. It´s really lovely, isn´t it!



Kommentit

  1. Voi äly, mikä homma. Upea kokonaisuus. Tokko takista olisi kuvia omistajansa päällä?

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hieno on taas!

    Tehtäiskö mulle jossain vaiheessa takin kaava ja leikattas kankaat, ompelu sujuu kyllä sitten omakätisesti kunhan kirjaan ylös mikä olisi fiksu ompelujärjestys.

    Kesällä sitten aikasintaan kuitenkin.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Voi kurjuus, ei tullut otettua kuvaa kun Helgi sai takkinsa kuluneena viikonloppuna, mutta pitää pyytää kyllä!

    Jiri: ilman muuta tehdään sulle myös!

    VastaaPoista
  4. I love your interpretation of Herjolfsnes 63. I was wondering - what wool do you use for the tablet woven edging? I'm hoping to attempt that sometime soon(ish) but have no idea of what to use.

    VastaaPoista
  5. That one is made of thin wool, natural dyed. Tex 125 X 2
    (Pirkanmaan kotityö, ohut Pirkka)

    even thinner yarn is use is Wetterhof Veera, tex 55 x 2.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Thank You for the photos from the museum! I'm making Herjolfsnes nr.63 for the first time and they realy helped me to understand about the seams on the shoulders. Best wishes from Lithuania!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Hi! Im glad you got help from it: I have had same problem when I thought the seams should meet on shoulder

    VastaaPoista
  8. ... And in museum I realized that they dont :)

    VastaaPoista
  9. I have one more question. You were making this robe following the patterns from the book "Medieval garments reconstructed" with all their measures or not? I saw a picture of Helgi, he's not a slim lad - was it enough for him in the shoulders? I'm making my gown for much 'wider' man and I became very glad when I saw that the large size from the book is for the chest wide 159cm, but I forgot about the shoulders... And now I'm afraid that they'll be too narrow (I'll see it on Sunday), well, at least it's only a sample from lining material.

    VastaaPoista
  10. No, I used own measures. The coat itself is very wide, also the armholes. The sleeves need to be fitted for user, specially the corner on elbow hight. And the neckline of course.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti